Mounts can be obtained in 4 different ways:
- Purchase from NPC stores spread around the world
- Drop from in-game events
- Drop as reward from donations (in this case, only the mount Speed Modifier will be used, all other properties will not grant benefits)
- Looted from some dead creatures corpses (usually, rare and unique mounts can be obtained this way)
While in your inventory, a mount will be represented as an item
- That item can be traded freely until used.
- Once you use it, the mount is learned, and the item gets destroyed.
- Once learned, a mount cannot be traded anymore!